CROSSHAIR™: Magnified Optics Simulator is a unique, high fidelity training simulator for distance shooting and the use of long-range optics. By embedding micro-displays in a variety of optics, we were able to enhance the capabilities of our training simulators offering snipers, marksman, and observers the ability to coordinate and execute tactical scenarios incorporating observation, cover, and engagement.
Crosshair™ technology can be adapted to any physical optic. Our team of firearm engineers are standing by to create custom training devices to meet specialized training requirements, such as Laser Shot’s simulated rifle scope, which features functioning elevation and windage turrets along with adjustable focus and zoom rings. Crosshair™ simulated weapons or optic devices contain an always-on infrared laser that the detection camera tracks for aim data. This aim data is used to produce the magnified image that is displayed in the virtual scope. In the case of weapons, when a trigger pull is sensed, a shot will be created at the aim point.
Crosshair™ utilizes customized scenarios that immerse shooters into a virtual environment where variables such as wind, elevation, time of day and virtual combatants can be manipulated to offer the most realistic shooting experience possible. A comprehensive physics engine (LRPSS) replicates ballistic data and accurately simulates weapons characteristics for an array of standard issue firearms. This enables the designated marksman, sharpshooter or sniper to accurately and effectively engage human avatars or other targets and reinforces target recognition, target acquisition, human movement, and adaptive reflexive thinking.
USE & CAPABILITIES
- Simulated Recoil or Dry-fire weapons
- Sensors for buttstock & trigger pressure
- Ability to sense rifle canting
- Pre-loaded reticals commonly used by today’s tactical units
- Urban or rural environments
- Training indicators for movement, elevation, and wind adjustments
- Portable and deployable system by vehicle, boat, or plane
- Adds to any VBS3 system
- Save thousands of dollars in equipment, personnel, and consumables
- Reduce time for exercise setup
- Provides a wide range of scenarios
- Train using real data card range estimations
- Efficient as a small unit system to train in classrooms, while on a ship, and other mobile environments
WEAPON & OPTIC OPTIONS
- M110/SR25 with Rifle Scope
- Bolt Action Rifle with Rifle Scope
- M4 with Simulated Rifle Combat Optic
- M22 Binoculars
- Spotting Scope
- Accurate ballistics engine
- Conduct mission rehearsal
- Can replicate long range engagement inside a classroom
- Train for windage, elevation and distance factors without need for live fire
- Multiple weapon and optic platforms can be networked together within the same scenario for collective training
Not affiliated with Beretta®, Colt®, FN®, Glock®, Remington®, Smith & Wesson®, SIG Sauer®
Contact us to request a white paper or price quote,
or see more system details in our catalogs.